Since they had been invited, MScIvankaAdžić, the president of SAHP, dipleccmng Vera Simić, the vice president of SAHP and ADN (Associate Degree in Nursing) SpomenkaStanojkovićattended the Professional-Scientific Meeting, The Year of Midwifery at the Faculty of Health Studies in Rijeka.
MScIvankaAdžić and dipleccmng Vera Simićactively participated in the conference with the presentation of their professional paper: Midwife in practice: Prevention of urinary tract infections in patients with the placed permanent urinary catheter with a special focus on emptying urine bags.
Prof.Nada Gosićopened the meeting and welcomed the participants. Then the vice-dean of the Faculty of Health Studies Prof. Amir Muzur,MD, Prof. Alan Šuštić, MD, dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Kaler, MD, head of the Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics and Head of the Clinical Hospital Centre Rijeka, Clinic of Gynaecology and Obstetrics and MScIvankaAdžić, the president of SAHP addressed the participants.
The role of social sciences and humanities in midwifery
- doc. PhD Sandra Lale: Some legal aspects of midwifery – Croatian Solutions and European standards
- doc. PhDVanjaBranica: Challenges of multidisciplinary cooperation: Midwifery and Social Work
- Prof. PhDMajaBrala-Vukanović, mr. sc. Karin Kuljanić: Tell me how? Terminology and communication guidelines in perinatology
MSc GordanaKamenečki-Puclin, clinical psychologist: Does psychological preparation in the work of health care professionals?
- MSc Mirko Prosen doc. PhD Marina TavčarKrajnc: Professionalization of midwifery in the context of the medicalization of childbirth – Challenges and Opportunities for the Future
- PhD Sonja Kalauz: Culture of Security fundamental aspects of ethics in midwifery
Marina Katušin, a student of the Professional Study of Midwifery: The moral and ethical dilemmas of midwifery
Round Table: Professional and Ethical Identity of Midwives
- PhD Ana PolonaMivšek: Professional Identity of Midwives
- MScTejaSkodičZakšek: Ethical Identity of Midwives
- MSc IvankaAdžić, Vera Simić: Midwife in practice: Prevention of urinary tract infections in patients with the placed permanent urinary catheter with a special focus on emptying urine bags
Presentation of books on midwifery
- Prof. PhD Dubravko Habek: The history of medicine with the development of midwifery, obstetrics and gynaecology
- PhD RajkoFureš: John the Baptist Lalangue: The father of medical professional literature in the Croatian language and Croatian midwifery
- Prof. PhD Aleksandra Frković: The history of midwifery and obstetrics in Crikvenica